Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Diabetes, Bad.


Dana Hill
May 6, 1964 - July 15, 1996

(Pardon me if the entries this week are a bit disjointed, brief, or non-existent. Turns out I'm moving and losing internet access completely for a bit, so I'm doing about a week's worth of entries in advance...)

Not much to say about Dana Hill. She was a child star who is best remembered for portraying Audrey Griswold in National Lampoon's European Vacation and numerous after-school specials. She later found work doing voices for cartoons such as Duckman, Rugrats, Goof Troop, Gummi Bears, and Darkwing Duck.

She also unfortunately suffered from diabetes, which stunted her growth and caused major complications. She suffered a stroke and died at age 32 on July 15, 1996, leaving a legacy of goofy cartoon voices.

And now a confession. I always had the hots for her. Of course it never went very far, with her being dead and all...but I suppose these things happen. Sigh.

No comments: